Date: Saturday, July 20, 2013
Location: Choluteca, Honduras
Approximate cost of trip is $1,350 and includes airfare, ground transportation, hotel, and two daily meals. Bring additional pocket money for personal expenses and passport. Register with a $100 payment by April 30th
, or contact Sharon Coronado for details.
CLBC Mission Team Objectives
ENCOUNTER: Choletuca Public School System
- Share the Gospel with 1,000 school-aged children and adolescents.
- Facilitate Dental Hygiene and STD workshops in the schools.
- Purchase, assemble, and deliver 125 new school desks. At present, many of the desks are broken and children are seated two per desk.
- Repair the roof at Santa Inez Elementary school in Choluteca.
- Build a barbed wire fence surrounding the perimeter of the elementary school to prevent horses and cows from entering property.
ENCOUNTER: Choluteca Public Hospital
- Distribute 300 devotional tracts to medical staff and patients.
- Deliver newborn clothing and blankets to hospital nursery.
- Provide small appreciation gifts to nursing staff.
APPLY Love... there's an app for that!
- Pray for those making the trip and for those they will encounter.
- Join us on the trip. Register with a $100 payment by April 30th, or contact Sharon Coronado for details.
- If unable to go, consider making a donation. Please make checks payable to CLBC. Write Honduras and item (fence, desks, school supplies, scholarship for _________) on the check memo line.
Monetary donations for items to be purchased in Honduras:
- School supplies: 500 boxes of crayons, notebooks, and rulers.
- School Desks: purchase materials and assemble 125 new desks.
- Construction Materials: roof repair and build fence around school
- or to defray shipping costs of donated items.
Items being collected [i.e. Operation Cuddle]
- Gifts for Nursing Staff: lipsticks, hairbrushes, combs, and nail polish
- Twin Size Unfitted Sheets (in bright colors or patterns kids would enjoy)
- Pillow Cases (in bright colors or patterns kids would enjoy)
Already received, thanks for donating!
- 500 toothbrushes, floss, and tubes of toothpaste
- Children’s socks (white)
- Girls’ hairclips, barrettes, hairbands
- Ziploc storage bags (1 gallon size)
- Baby wipes
- Receiving Blankets